Friday, November 20, 2009

Pieces of Glory, Bountiful Story


I've been so lucky to be "found" by so many talented people who have fabulously unique ideas about using the components I make.

When I began this expedition two years ago, I didn't think anyone would buy an unfinished component, so I always made up complete jewelry pieces. I was sure that no one would want just a bead, or just a charm, all by itself.

Then Heather Powers at the Art Bead Scene convinced me that, yes indeed, people would buy just beads and components so I opened the ExpeditionD shop to put just the artbeads there.

Thank you Heather! That's one lady who knows what's what!


And I met the lovely Lorelei Eurto, who has seen so much growth and blossoming of her unique talents this year especially.

She made the jewelry that's pictured here. I love all of her designs. She uses wire in such unique ways - I can look at a photo of one of her designs and recognize her style, even if I didn't know it was one of her photos.

She has been so supportive and kind, I can't thank her enough.


Now, I put the resin and polymer clay in the ExpeditionD shop on Etsy, and the finished jewelry pieces, pewter components and fused glass items in the LynnDavis Etsy shop.

In November I approach the two year anniversary of this adventure online, the first Belle Armoire Jewelry Magazine publication and the launching of the first Etsy shop. The blog, all of the things started two years ago...

I've learned a lot about photography, and how to write a description. Lots of things I've learned in that time..

I just passed a combined 950 sales in both shops. Hopefully it's not cheating to count them together, since it means I created at least 950 items in the time the shops have been on Etsy.

950!! Wowzers, that sounds like a lot! Almost (dare I think it) 1,000. YIKES!

I think that calls for some kind of celebration - I'll have to think of something super special! To say THANKS for coming along on this expedition with me....

11 comments:

mairedodd said...

WOW! of course you can count them together - that is wonderful and certainly speaks to your vision... lorelei's bracelets are beautiful - a wonderful duet... very exciting for you!

Lorelei Eurto said...

aww thanks Lynn! Your work always speaks for itself and I hope you continue to make components and jewelry for a very long time to come. CHEERS to 950 more sales in the coming year!

Marie Cramp said...

Those are wonderful pieces!! I was really struck by the first one. That wing is stunning!! Great job! Thanks so much for your hard work and and for sharing your talent with all of us. {U2 Lorelei}

Marie

SueBeads said...

Yay for you Lynn! I love your work and so does everyone else!

TesoriTrovati said...

I recognized those as Lorelei immediately. I am so glad you started your "expedition" and that I have had the fortune to find you. What you do amazes me. And it is a pleasure to work with such inspiring materials. Enjoy the day! Erin

EmandaJ said...

Congratulations on your milestone and on an exciting two years. Your pieces are truly wonderful and help other artists express individual styles that otherwise would not be possible.

Emanda
P.S. I'm looking forward to that "something special" you have hinted at.

Riki Schumacher said...

Wow Lynn, that is great! That is a fabulous milestone, good for you. Your pieces are wonderful, I can't wait to get some!

Anonymous said...

that's wonderful! i love your work and love all the pieces i've purchased from you. much continued success!

LLYYNN - Lynn Davis said...

So, important questions here, is there caffeine in Kalhua Liquour? Because I'd love a "White Russian" tonight, but I'm still off caffeine. I wonder if there's de-caffe Kalhua?

A tip 'o the cup to all of you, the first round's on me! THANKS

sasha + max studio said...

A great achievement in sales Lynn - your creativeness is endless and unique - I treasure your pieces- keep it coming ! Vicki

SummersStudio said...

Lynn, I think you and Lorelei must share a secret design aesthetic because your components work so beautifully in her designs. These are quite monumental milestones you are up on. It must feel quite rewarding. I certainly have enjoyed, even grown from, following your creative process. Thank you so much for sharing with us on your blog. Hugs, LeAnn